With more focus on safety technology than ever before, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the wealth of features designed to keep you safe while you’re on the road. Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is putting safety first with all the best features to keep you alert, aware, and on the right path. Not only do these driver assistance systems look out for you, passive safety features are hard at work ensuring your vehicle maintains impeccable brake and traction performance. Check out some of the most impressive ways the FCA family is protecting you and your passengers on the road.
Active Safety Features
For 2019, the available driver assistance features and packages improve upon previous generations, including safety features designed to prevent avoidable accidents, as well as react to the unavoidable ones. Thanks to industry-leading autonomous driving technology, radar, and cameras, it's never been safer to drive a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM model.
- LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist – By monitoring the markings, curbs, and road edges using the forward-facing camera, LaneSense can notify you when you deviate from your lane. It can even make steering adjustments when needed.
- Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking – Using a distance-measuring laser, your vehicle can detect potential obstacles ahead and alert you to avoid a collision.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – Using radar sensors mounted on the rear of the vehicle, this feature can detect cars in your blind spot. When a vehicle is detected there by the system, it will notify the driver.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go – Cruise into the 21st Century. This feature uses frontal radar and cameras to detect the traffic ahead and maintain distance as well as speed. In heavy congestion, the vehicle can automatically stop and move forward with creeping traffic.
Passive Safety Features
In addition to the driver assistance features available on many models, passive safety features are quietly working behind the scenes and keeping you and your passengers safe. Robust frames and seatbelts that work in concert with other advanced safety technology are just the beginning. FCA has also added systems that enhance braking and handling performance for safety. These features inspire driving confidence that can help you tackle a variety of road conditions.
- Electronic Stability Control – In instances of strong oversteer or understeer while cornering, your advanced vehicle automatically works to regain and maintain predictability.
- All-Speed Traction Control – This system keeps your drive wheels planted in the event of excessive throttle input on surfaces like ice, mud, and wet roads.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) – ABS keeps your wheels from locking up when brakes are applied heavily, making sure your vehicle comes to a stop when you need it to.
- SOS Call – In the event of an accident, this feature can automatically notify emergency services to bring roadside assistance.
- Steel Safety Frame – Using the latest in super-strong lightweight materials, FCA engineers build vehicles with strong bones designed for rigidity and quiet acoustics, as well as optimal protection for passengers inside (pictured below).
Prevention and Protection
Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles has always been dedicated to protecting their customers, and thanks to some amazing advancements in safety technology, your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM isn’t just built for an incredible driving experience. It’s also built to protect you, your family, other motorists, and pedestrians in revolutionary ways. For more information about these automakers' innovations in safety technology or to see these features in action for yourself, contact the team at 3 Birds Linking today or visit our showroom at 505-B West Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
Image Credit: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles